Digital Skills for Work and Study
Workplaces and places of study require us to have a working knowledge of computer programs and internet-based technologies.
This course will help you to build the digital skills you need to confidently pursue and engage in work and study.
Scroll down for more information or select a course that fits your availability under Register for a Course.
You can join this course if you are:
- a South Australian resident, or hold a valid work or study visa, and;
- 18 years or older, and;
- not enrolled at school or in a Flexible Learning Options program
- preparing for work or study.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want to improve their digital skills for work or study.
This course includes practical, step-by-step activities and group discussions, and will guide you on how to use different computer and internet-based applications to perform various tasks. Laptops are provided for use in class, or you can bring your own.
Learn in a safe, fun environment whilst improving your computer skills to help you prepare for further work or study.
What will I learn?
Some of the topics included in this course are:
- Word processing
- Internet browsing
- Online storage via the cloud
- Internet safety, confidentiality and online privacy
- Video conferencing
- Netiquette and communication in a professional context
- Tailoring your resume and cover letter to specific roles
- Job searching and creating an online job profile
How will I learn?
This course is provided face-to-face. It may run between 4 to 8 weeks – refer to the individual course details on the registration page.
This course is taught by a Community Learning Trainer who is there to help you in feeling confident. Working alongside them are our Community Learning Mentors who are dedicated to your individual learning journey and can offer one-on-one support if you need it.
Need help? Not sure which course is for you?
You can CALL 8371 4622 to talk about how we can help you.
Or fill in the form below and we will call you to answer your questions.