Thinking about taking up a skilled trade such as in building and construction, cabinet and furniture making, motor trades, or plumbing? This course will give you hands-on experience using the tools of the trades!
Scroll down for more information or select a course that fits your availability under Register for a Course.
You can join this course if you are:
- a South Australian resident, or hold a valid work or study visa, and;
- 18 years or older, and;
- not enrolled at school or in a Flexible Learning Options program
- preparing for work or study.
Need help to register for a course?
Call us on (08) 8371 4622
Register for a Course
Who is this course for?
This course is for people considering going into a skilled trade. Learn about and become familiar with common tools and specific terminology and language used in trade-based industries.
Learn the basics of keeping yourself and others safe in a workshop environment.
What will I learn?
The course topics include:
- Workshop safety and personal protective equipment
- Common tradie language
- How to read and follow project plans, diagrams, and instructions
- Measuring tools and how to accurately measure
- The uses of hand and power tools e.g., hammer, saws, drills, sanders, rasps, planes, and chisels
- Varnishes, paints, stains and finishes
- Building a wildlife nesting box
How will I learn?
Watch demonstrations on the safe and effective use of tools and then apply those instructions and techniques yourself to undertake tasks using the tools. Work in a team environment and share tools and resources to undertake activities, including clean-up and pack-up.
Put everything you learn into practice working on your very own project throughout the course.
Need help? Not sure which course is for you?
You can CALL 8371 4622 to talk about how we can help you.
Or fill in the form below and we will call you to answer your questions.