Launching your own small business can create new opportunities and alternative income streams for yourself. This practical, step-by-step course will guide you on how to launch, grow or refresh your small business ideas.
Use the practical information provided and the support of your instructor and classmates to grow your business, regardless of what stage it is at now.
Scroll down for more information or select a course that fits your availability under Register for a Course.
You can join this course if you are:
- a South Australian resident, or hold a valid work or study visa, and;
- 18 years or older, and;
- not enrolled at school or in a Flexible Learning Options program
- preparing for work or study.
Need help to register for a course?
Call us on (08) 8371 4622
Register for a Course
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want to create or buy a small business or improve their current business. This course includes engaging guest speakers, practical information and classroom theory.
Our Community Learning facilitators have industry experience and knowledge to help you safely and successfully take the next step, whatever your current work-life needs, background, age or focus.
Learn in a safe, fun environment whilst improving your skills to help you prepare for further work or study.
What will I learn?
Some of the topics included in this course are:
- First steps for setting up your business
- Market research – will your idea work?
- Finding your business niche
- Attracting the ideal customer and exploring your target market
- Designing a standout service or product
- Promoting your business
- Crafting a great pitch
- Building support networks for your business
- Using digital platforms for small business
- Where do I take my business next?
How will I learn?
This course is provided face-to-face with some online resources. It may run between 4 to 5 weeks – refer to the individual course details on the registration page.
This course is taught by a Community Learning Trainer who is there to help you in feeling confident. Working alongside them are our Community Learning Mentors who are dedicated to your individual learning journey and can offer one-on-one support if you need it.
Need help? Not sure which course is for you?
You can CALL 8371 4622 to talk about how we can help you.
Or fill in the form below and we will call you to answer your questions.