Kickstart Your Employment
Identify the skills employers are looking for that you already have, expand your job seeking methods, improve your ability to answer interview questions, write a winning cover letter, and create a resume that will get you the job.
This course will help you develop the tools you need to seek and secure employment.
Scroll down for more information or select a course that fits your availability under Register for a Course.
You can join this course if you are:
- a South Australian resident, or hold a valid work or study visa, and;
- 18 years or older, and;
- not enrolled at school or in a Flexible Learning Options program
- preparing for work or study.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want to get and keep a job. You will identify the skills you have and to match them to the requirements and expectations of certain roles and explore training options to develop your skills and knowledge to get you on your career path.
Learn the essential skills you need to apply for work and to feel more confident applying for jobs, attending interviews, and communicating with employers.
What will I learn?
Some of the topics included in this course are:
- Exploring your career and study options
- Identifying your current skills and knowledge gaps
- Job search methods and the hidden job market
- Assessing your suitability for specific roles
- Tailoring cover letters and resumes
- Interview preparation and practice
- Goal setting, further training options and study
- Employee responsibilities and rights
- Work environments and employer expectations
- Video conferencing, word processing and emailing
How will I learn?
This course is provided face-to-face. It may run between 6 to 8 weeks – refer to the individual course details on the registration page.
This course is taught by a Community Learning Trainer who is there to help you in feeling confident. Working alongside them are our Community Learning Mentors who are dedicated to your individual learning journey and can offer one-on-one support if you need it.
Need help? Not sure which course is for you?
You can CALL 8371 4622 to talk about how we can help you.
Or fill in the form below and we will call you to answer your questions.