Language Skills for Work
Improving your English language skills will build your confidence in everyday life and prepare you for work and study.
This practical course will help you to identify your professional goals, increase your chances of finding the job you want, and set yourself up for success in an Australian work environment.
This course includes plenty of useful information and time to practice in class, as well as support to reach your goals even after the course finishes. You will feel more confident to ask questions, greet people, discuss ideas with teammates and the boss, and taking your next step forward.
Scroll down for more information or select a course that fits your availability under Register for a Course.
You can join this course if you are:
- a South Australian resident, or hold a valid work or study visa, and;
- 18 years or older, and;
- not enrolled at school or in a Flexible Learning Options program
- preparing for work or study.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who want to improve their language for work or study. It is a good course for both native and non-native English speakers.
This course includes lots of information and time to practice in class. You will feel more confident communicating with your boss, asking questions and feel comfortable greeting people.
Learn in a safe, fun environment whilst improving your skills to help you prepare for further work or study.
What will I learn?
Some of the topics included in this course are:
- Preparing for work and study in an Australian context
- Identifying job roles that match your skills and strengths
- Developing your reading, writing, and spoken English skills
- Identifying ‘professional’ versus ‘casual’ language
- Effectively communicating your work history, current skills, and employment goals
- Creating a professional resume and LinkedIn profile
- Sending professional emails
- Improving your interview skills
How will I learn?
This course is provided face-to-face. It may run between 6 to 8 weeks – refer to the individual course details on the registration page.
This course is taught by a Community Learning Trainer who is there to help you in feeling confident. Working alongside them are our Community Learning Mentors who are dedicated to your individual learning journey and can offer one-on-one support if you need it.
Need help? Not sure which course is for you?
You can CALL 8371 4622 to talk about how we can help you.
Or fill in the form below and we will call you to answer your questions.