Community Centres SA
We are the peak body for Community Centres and Neighbourhood Houses across South Australia. We are a non-government organisation that is committed to building the capacity of communities for social justice, empowerment, active citizenship and the protection of human rights.
Over the last 40 years we have been supporting communities through:
- Advocacy on behalf of Community Centres and Neighbourhood Houses
- Research into trends and impact of the community development sector
- Creating and fostering connections between Centres and other organisations that share our values
- Promote community development best practice and build the capacity of Centres to maintain this
- Providing professional development training and further resources for professionals in the community development sector
In 2019, CCSA began running free courses for community members to build their skills for work and study, funded by the South Australian Government. We run these courses ourselves as well as outsourcing to local Community Centres and Neighbourhood Houses. By sharing the funding and workload with our network we are also building the capacity of our Centres to continue on this important work.
In 2021-2022 we empowered 520 learners through our community learning courses
Our Community Learning Team
Our team is hard at work developing and delivering courses throughout the year. We have a range of skills and knowledge and work together to bring you the best quality courses and mentoring services.
Our Community Learning Partners
In 2022-2023, CCSA is proud to be partnering with the following Centres and organisations to bring you community learning: