This course is an introduction to theories and approaches of community development in a modern, rapidly changing society. This course has a particular focus on South Australian, local communities.
Who is this training for?
This training is suitable for:
- workers (paid or unpaid) seeking employment or training pathway into community development work
- workers seeking to upskill and/or refresh existing skills and knowledge
- students studying human services related courses including community services work
- anyone seeking to gain a better understanding of community development work
This program is designed to provide you with an overview and understanding of:
- The role and function of community development
- Contemporary community development theories and frameworks
- The benefits of community development
- The challenges and dilemmas for community development practitioners and
- Best practice examples and tools for community development project implementation
This course is five (5) hours duration.
This course is delivered online. Course participants will have access to resources and online activities including quizzes to test your knowledge.
A blended option of digital and face-to-face delivery is available, to find out more contact the Community Centres SA on (08) 8371 4622.
$70 per person (30% Member Discount)
Learners who successfully complete all aspects of this micro-credential will receive a Certificate of Completion.
This non-accredited course has been aligned to the knowledge requirements of selected units of competency within the Community Services Training Package.
Evidence of course completion could be used as part of a portfolio of evidence for the purposes of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).