This is a one hour introduction into best practice governance. Its focus is on strategic thinking, legal requirements, understanding your finances, conflict of interest, risk management and being an ambassador or champion for the organisation.
Scroll down for more information or select a course that fits your availability under Register for a Course.
Who is this training for?
This training is suitable for:
- New volunteer Board/Committee members in community centres, sporting groups, or other community organisations
- Current volunteer Board/Committee members looking for a refresher
Scenarios and discussions will highlight common experiences and pitfalls and posing practical tools and solutions for working through the challenges that volunteer Board/ Committee members often experience.
What will I learn?
Governance informs how an organisation is controlled and operates, it also provides the mechanism for accountability. In our specially designed webinar, which is designed for organisations that operate with a Board or Committee, we’ll look into these elements and help you to:
- Better understand your organisation’s legal status and your legal duties
- Be clear about your role as a Committee/Board Member or key staff member
- Feel confident to support your organisation’s rules and purpose
- Describe how you can contribute to the strategic directions of your organisation
How will I learn?
This course is provided as a one hour webinar via Zoom. It is conversational and interactive in style.
Course participants will receive the Zoom link and further details closer to the event.
This training is also available for groups or organisations as a webinar or face-to-face. To find out more call (08) 8371 4622 or email email@example.com